1.1K views

I did a very *** thing and purchased an Ipad2 for my husband on Vyons.com. I first googled this online company and read numerous positive reviews.

It was an encrypted website. Upon checking out I was told that only Amazon gift cards were accepted. Red flag! I googled this and again got positive reviews.

Vyons.com explained the policy by saying that by doing this their customers would receive the 15% Amazon affiliates discount, no credit card fees and 0 processing fees enabling them to save their customers money. After not hearing from them within the promised 2 business days, I checked the status of the gift card and of course it was redeemed.I did another search and found the same thing had happened to another Amazon customer. Amazon had called that customer to verify their gift card purchase and was warned by Amazon that Vyons.com was a scam. Luckily for the customer they were refunded.

I e-mailed Vyons.com numerous times and called a contact number I found online.

I didn't expect a refund from Amazon but I did mention that since this had happened before they might send out a courtesy e-mail/phone call to regular customers purchasing a high$ amount gift card. The agent was somewhat sympathetic and offered to possibly be able to contact Vyons.com. After speaking to a manager, the customer service agent was quite curt and said there was nothing they could do on their end and I would have to handle it with Vyons.com.

He did say that he would file a report on Amazon regarding Vyons.com and ended with "Have a good day".

Very expensive mistake. I really should have known better.

Reason of review: No response/delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

Westbank, British Columbia, Canada #913143

vyons scamed me. from canada no one to complain to.. Hope I manage to pay a visit to these people.

to murry #913575

Did you get your order now?

to steph Seattle, Washington, United States #913580

No, not a word after many e-mails.

to steph Sacramento, California, United States #913618

I've ordered ever since 11/27 and it has been 12 days but no laptop, replies to emails, or refund. Its supposed to only take 10 days max.

These guys are real scammers. I talked to amazon customer service and they said some bi-ch named vi or vee anderson something claimed my gift card but they cannot track exact location of where the money went.

Lake Worth, Florida, United States #910626

Same thing is happening to me. Got several emails from them during the ordering process but nothing since they confirmed my payment and said my product would ship in 1 - 2 business days, which was 4 days ago now.

No response to numerous emails.

to Benny #910652

Sorry to hear that Benny. I filed a report on the FBI online scam alert page about my experience.

to Anonymous Austin, Texas, United States #913673

The online business for Vyons.com is set up through Zencart. It's on their website. Does anyone know how to contact them to investigate them for fraud and remove the website?